Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Classroom pictures... a work in progress!

Many of you have asked for pictures of my classroom! Things are not finished yet... but I know you are anxious!

Current Topics Power Pix wall
I am going to put Power Pix on this wall full size that we are working on. I may have to move to a bigger board for this. The Pix up there right now were just so I could place my letters and numbers. As you can (or maybe can't)see the green letters don't show up very well. You also see my Scoreboard in this picture. I have decided to have mobile scoreboard this year. I have placed command strip hooks around my room where I teach so that the board can always be close!

ELA / Math Power Pix Wall
This is where the power pix will go once the kids have grasped the concepts. This is on the side of my classroom. The posters above are the classroom management posters found on wholebrainteaching.com in the ebooks. I cut them out to place them on PAWS themed paper for my classroom. One of my tasks for Friday (my next classroom workday) is to move them UP so that I can put a title above the Power Pix wall.

Super Improver Wall - with "Rookie" cards 

SIW - see the mobile scoreboard?
I will put "SIW" on the tag above the white cards on the second day. 

I plan to slowly reveal my SIW over the course of the first week and a half. They will hopefully spot out the gradual changes and start asking questions so that I can build suspense.

What is that... this is the first big reveal of the Genius Ladder I made.
I have to move my mobile scoreboard over because I forgot to leave space to label the levels of the Genius Ladder!

NOT WBT... but I had to share!
Another teacher in my building was getting rid of this shelf! I was so excited. This has most of my biography books. (There is a basket with larger books behind the shelf). In the cabinet below, I am going to store my seasonal books. Easy to get to... but out of the way!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Deanna,

    Thanks for the pics!! Your room is looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your cue cards and your pics! I included you in my Must Watch and Must Reads for WBT :) http://scrapbunnywbt.blogspot.com/2012/08/must-watch-and-must-reads-for-wbt-core.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! I am loving your two blog ideas, your posts are so to-the-point and informative. Can't wait to see more

    Miss L (WBT Blog Bug)
    Miss L’s Whole Brian Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job, Deanna!! Your kids are going to do some major WBT dancing this year!!
    Nancy
    Mrs. Stoltenberg's Second Grade Class

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas! I am adding you to my blog list (mywholebrainteachingblog.blogspot.com) to help inspire me on my journey through WBT for the first time. Thanks for all of your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! Have a great year.

    Amy Patterson, 3rd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did the SIT go this year? I have created mine and am excited about starting it this fall. Any tips? I would love for you to follow my blog! I have only been doing WBT since January and am really learning fast!
    Happy summer!
    Laken
    2nd grade
    http://wholebrainteachingintheladybugclub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete